Asian Games 2019: India have started on a high note. Team India won five medals, Women’s team beat Bangladesh in final
New Delhi: India have started the Asian Games on a high note. Team India won five medals in the first few hours of the Games. At the same time, the Indian team has secured another medal by reaching the final of women’s cricket.
The Games officially opened on Saturday. And on Sunday morning, India’s medal books were opened. India won a silver medal in the women’s 10m air rifles team event. Apart from Mehuli, Ramita, Oishee Choksi were also part of the Indian team.
- Shooting, Women’s 10m Air Rifle Team:The shooting team, comprising Mehuli Ghosh, Ramita, and Ashi Chouksey bagged the silver medal after finishing second Women’s 10m Air Rifle Team event. They finished with a total score of 1886.
- Rowing, Men’s Doubles Sculls:The pair of Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh won silver in the Lightweight Men’s Double Sculls with a timing of 6:28.18s.
- Rowing, Men’s Pair:The duo of Lekh Ram and Babu Lal Yadav helped India finish third, bagging a bronze medal, with a timing of 6:50.41.
- Rowing, Men’s Eight:Continuing a medal rush in rowing, India bagged another silver medal, this time in the Men’s Eight event.
- Shooting, Women’s 10m Air Rifle Individual:Ramita Jindal, having clinched a silver medal in the women’s team event, bagged a bronze medal in the individual event in the 10m Air Rifle category with a cumulative score of 230.1
The Indian men’s hockey team defeated Uzbekistan 16-0 in its opening Asian Games 2023 Pool A match at the Gongshu Canal Sports Park Stadium in Hangzhou, People’s Republic of China, on Sunday.
For India, Lalit Upadhyay (7’, 24’ 37’, 53’), Varun Kumar (12’, 36’, 50’, 52’), Abhishek (17’), Mandeep Singh (18’, 27’, 28’) Amit Rohidas (38’), Sukhjeet (42’), Shamsher Singh (43’) and Sanjay (57’) scored in the commanding win.
With this victory, three-time Asian Games champions India climbed to the top of the Asian Games 2023 men’s hockey Pool A standings. The top two from each pool will make the semi-finals.