Assamese News & English Newspaper

‘Meghalaya and Assam have written to CBI to take over Mukroh firing case’

0 9

Guwahati:Meghalaya deputy CM Prestone Tynsong on Thursday said the state government and the Assam administration have written to CBI, requesting it to take over the probe into last year’s Mukroh firing incident along the disputed border between the two northeastern states.The governments of Assam and Meghalaya had on September 30 decided to request the CBI to take over the investigation into the 2022 Mukroh violence, in which six people were killed, he said.

“We have already written a letter. Assam has also done it,” Tynsong said when asked whether the probe into the Mukroh incident was handed over to CBI. “The ball is now in the CBI’s court,” he said.The firing incident took place on November 22 last year

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.